- Seal around windows, doors, electrical outlets, and any other places that can be a source for an air leak.
- On the outside of your home, use a high quality caulk to seal around all windows and doors where the frames meet exterior siding or brick.
- There are probably many other areas of your exterior that may need to be caulked as well. If you have any loose glass panes in a window, use a glazing compound to reseal them
- Inside your home, use weather stripping and gaskets to seal around the moving parts of windows and doors and around electrical outlets.
- If you take care of these air leaks now, you will be able to enjoy the summer in the cool comfort of your home.
*Based on 36,000 BTUH air conditioner. (3 TON AC) –1 TON equals 12,000 btus
Is your air conditioner ** Not Cooling? **
- Is the thermostat temperature set below the ambient temperature?
- Is the thermostat set to cool? Adjust the thermostat and try again.
- Did the fan in the house come on? Check to see if the furnace is plugged in.
- Is there good airflow at the registers? CLEAN OR REPLACE THE FILTER if you have not done so recently!
- Did the condenser unit (usually outside the house) come on? Check to see if the circuit breaker marked A/C is tripped and reset if needed.
- Is the condenser unit blowing warm air out? If everything seems to be running but you still get no cooling, turn the thermostat off and call Tobin Heating and Air Conditioning.